Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sweat So Much They Call Me Billy Ocean :: Hair Dilemmas and House Music for those who like to sweat


Its been three weeks since I officially joined a bona-fide health club. And I've discovered two things:

I need to figure out what to do with my hair.

I sweat so much it looks like I've been swimming the English Channel. The cause of this sweat is about 75 minutes on the StairMill, Row Machine and the Techno Gym Cardio Wave. I've even added in a few minutes of the VersaClimber which is all I can handle (more on that later). Well after about an hour of cardio I'm soaked to the gills. My hair is a flop. And I'm resistant to join the other gym ladies in the daily routine of blow drying and flat ironing. But I cant keep going to work looking like a hot mess. I've asked the LeeAnne over at MyHairStory.com for suggestions.

I need good and new music.
I've been enjoying finding new music to exercise to. I love to exercise. Endorphins blasting away, on a natural high, stress relieved and perspective aligned. But exercising in a gym can get monotonous and boring. And what I'm really exercising is my mind. Part of my brain says "Stop, sleep, eat, enjoy yourself. Stop the sweating!" So motivation is the key. And music definitely motivates me. I'm a big house/electronic/dance fan. I've found some new music and always on the lookout for more. Got to keep the iTunes playlist fresh. Here is what I've found so far. Enjoy. And if you have any music exercise ideas to share please do!


Mr. V
  • Jus Dance ( a nice warm up)
  • Da Bump
  • Put Your Drink Down

Kudu (how did I not know this group!?)
  • Playing House
  • Playing House (Armand Van Helden remix)
  • Red Light, Green Light
  • Hot Lava
Etienne de Crécy:
  • Someone Like You (and all it's subsequent remixes)
  • Fast Track Live vs. We Are Your Friends
  • Hannukah

No comments: