Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Up In Arms *Upper Body Ergometer*

Been looking for an aerobic/cardio exercise that would work my upper body. Though I spend a lot of time on my lower body, burning calories and working up a sweat, my arm flab and back rolls dont budge. Don't take me wrong. I love having arms and a back and I appreciate that I can feed myself. My back rolls and arm fat prove it! But there has to be balance in not only what I eat but how I exercise. So I need to work out this top half. I started using the row machine today. Which is awesome and fun. But I been eyeballing this thing called the Upper Body Ergometer. It's like a bike, but for your arms instead of your legs. I've read that you dont necessarily or as easily break into a sweat as you would a lower-body machine. But with practice you will burn calories and seriously condition your arms. Hmph. Well we shall see. I'll try it tomorrow!

2 comments:

HOGGANKevan said...

Hello HappyFatSkinnyGirl,

I work in marketing for HOGGAN Health. We make an Upper Body Ergometer (UBE). check it out: http://www.hogganhealth.com/cardio-products.php?product=ube

Let me know if you are interested: marketingdept@hogganhealth.com

HappyFatSkinnyGirl said...

I enjoyed the Ergometer and definitely would use it as a warm up and to strengthen my arms. But for strict cardio, heart-beat pumping, calorie-burning needs, I'd go with the Row Machine or push-ups (gulp).
-kb