Thursday, May 7, 2009

ASOS Morning Inspiration


After sweating buckets on the VersaClimber, StairMill and the Row Machine I'm wondering where is my cookie, reward, parade, crown. But really wondering why I have not lost like 1000 lbs. This is ridiculous frame of mind. I know it is unreal to think I will get to my goal after only a few weeks. I am enjoying my workouts and the atmosphere and the feeling of zen and accomplishment after each workout session. Only large amounts of chocolate or a kiss from my crush Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson could compare to the feeling of ease and balance I get from a 90 minute workout. I am, however, plauged with impatience and anxiety from time-to-time. And sometimes it is the trivial things, like this wonderful Karen Millen dress from ASOS, that calms me down and makes me keep on with the workout. I imagine being able to fit wonderfully into this dress conspicuously beautiful for all to admire. Though without an event to attend I'd be parading around the house for only my cats to see. Still, it would be a lovely parade. And this vision keeps me climbing, stepping and rowing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HappyFatSkinnyGirl,

I am Toot. Tell me, what goes with the workout that gets you to that moment of Zen. You are the 2nd person this week whom I've heard speak of euphoria with working out. When I think of working out, I think of Hell until it its done and then maybe the moment of Zen may be around the corner. Because I have not reached this moment I struggle daily, talking myself into going through Hell. For what? All for the hopes on oneday fitting into some chic gear for me to look in the mirror and say, "Damn, you look good!!! Now if only I could get a date...who is not my dad's age." At that moment, I am not in Hell, nor around the corner from Zen, just stuck in traffic of female singleness. Toot,Toot!!!

HappyFatSkinnyGirl said...

Hey Toot!
I admit there are days when I am like "What the hell am I doing on this stair machine of hell at 7 in the morning?"

I have to say though that I have to then think of my goals. Though I admit to being shallow and vain. My health and quality of life have become a very real priority for me.
After seeing my father in the hospital with serious heart problems and barely able to walk, I cannot ignore the need to take better care of myself. I also cannot rely on someone else to take care of me. My Mom is my Dad's sole caretaker. This is the "for better or worse" contractual clause in the marriage vows exacted to it's fullest meaning. Marriage or a soul-mate is not promised to me or anyone. So I got to depend on me to take care of me. By the grace of God I will do my best.

So that Zen is just pushing through that workout. And it is HARD. But it is not impossible. I try my best to keep motivated. Whether it be envisioning me strutting in a dress, sweating to a good music list or thinking of getting healthy with my Dad. You got to know it is worth it. That hour of sweat and pain will pass and you will feel so worth it!

Hope that mouthful helps you Toot Toot!