Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Indomnitable Golden Corral vs Me, the Overeater

Goodness, my little sister from Cleveland just called. She is in town with her students on a Smithsonian tour. On their way out of town they are stopping off at Golden Corral for dinner. I do not see my sister often. And on my way to see her. But boy am I afraid. Rows of buckets filled with fried, smothered, dipped, greased, breaded, saturated, nuked, hydrogenated, sugared foods vs me, the always-hungry-girl, on my dinner hour. Do I have self-control? Is it too early in my training to be confronted by this assault? I have to see my sister's face and give her a hug. But how long can I stay before I break down and stuff a few 200-calorie-rolls in my mouth or a few pieces of fried chicken. Will I be able to hold out until I drive home for a sensible and calorie controlled meal? Or will I be driving home with a greasy mouth, glazed eyes and guilt in my stomach?

To be continued.....

Update:
Saw my sister's beautiful face, got plenty of hugs and kisses and did not eat a thing from GC. Thanking God it was not taco night.

2 comments:

The Other Sister said...

Just remember to do like Mom and Dad taught us..eat your fresh vegetables, then your cooked veggies, and then have a sensible piece of grilled fish or chicken. You can do it!

Anne said...

Hi Krishna!

I've been participating in the 3 Fat Chicks forums -- it's a great spot for weight loss support and encouragement, as well as information and education.

Hope to see you soon :-)